Milestones & Meltdowns

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Whoopsie

I thought one month was a long time to go without updating my blog, and here it is four months later.  I am pretty certain I have very few followers, but to those that I have, my apologies!

I must say that a lot has changed in the past four months, and I'm going to use those changes as an excuse.  I knew they were all taking place, but I didn't want to post anything 'official' until it actually was.

After spending two years living in the great city of Chicago and working there for the past year, I decided to start looking for another job.  The initial thoughts in March/April progressed to something completely different, and here I am, back where I started, sort of.

On July 2nd/August 6th, I moved back to Kansas City, and on August 29th, I will return to my old company, Cerner.  I moved to a new location in Kansas City that I haven't lived in before (west Plaza), which is a nice change.  I am living with a friend from college who happens to be male and has a dog, which is completely different than my past roommate situations.  And, in addition to all of that, I will be returning to Cerner in a new role that will be a new challenge that I'm more than ready and excited for!

I have three weeks between jobs which has been so great, thus far.  I've been able to spend time with both of my brothers and their families.  I've made it to the movie theatre twice, the gym four times, I've soaked up the sun once, got my hair did, visited with my cousin and her sweet boy, and I've ran some errands and done some shopping as well (shocker, I know).  And it's only the first week!  
This week I look forward to catching up with my friend Heather on Monday night, who is flying in from Philly to interview at Cerner on Tuesday, catching up with Janae in her new apartment on Tuesday, road tripping to Manhattan with Bono on Thursday for delicious food from So Long and Coco Bolo's, and driving to Kensington and Grinnell on Friday to celebrate Grandma Rietcheck's 84th birthday with the rest of the family.

I feel so lucky and blessed to be back in KC and to see so many friends and family before I start my new job and life gets busy all over again!!!
Most of all, I am looking forward to seeing what God has in store for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment