Milestones & Meltdowns

Monday, April 18, 2011

Snow in April

It's been way too long since I've updated this!!  I have been slacking and I really have no excuse!!  To give a quick recap....

I made it to London and Scotland and the trip was so awesome!!  Some of my favorite memories are:
Scotland
1)  Ashley freaking out about wether or not we would make it to the airport, sneaking in full sized bottles of lotions and hair products to hear Ashley say "Beckman, we really need to get out of here".  Apparently she was concerned that they were after us so we had to run through the airport, to make it with about 10 mins to spare.
2)  Ashley's own rendition of the bag pipes we could hear throughout the city.  'Nnnnnneeeeaaaaaarrrrr...rrrreeaaaarrrrr'
3)  The Caramel Delight dessert bars.  The melt like butter in your mouth!
4)  Made in Italy - the Italian restaurant we went to each day.  
5)  Our visit to Sin, the former church, turned Nightclub for Ashley's personal rendition of "Do you think you're beeetttttterr off aloooooone???"

London
1)  The weather was awesome!!  It's was sunny and in the 60's each day!
2)  We had a private tour at the Tower of London - We learned about all the ghosts that inhabit the  palace.  We got to drink at the bar and watch the employees participate in the 'changing of the keys' which is crazy!  They've been doing this EVERY night for OVER 700 years!!!  They've only been late once, and it was because the palace was bombed.  I also won a drawing and picked out a free bottle of wine.
3)  Kensington Palace is currently being renovated in to "The Enchanted Palace" where you go in a follow a story book throughout the palace to learn the secrets about the seven princesses.  A little odd, but very cool to learn the secret stories of each princess that lived with within those walls.
4)  Janae and I's discovery of the bar Jewel where they played awesome music and we met some french guys that had a few too many drinks.  The first time they came around, Janae said we were from Chicago, the second time I said we were from Arizona, the third time I told them we were from Canada, and then I realized most Canadians speak French, so I struggled to come up with where we were from in Canada.  Eventually, they didn't believe that I was 25, so I said I was 17 and they seemed to believe that.  I then said, "Well, isn't that illegal in both our countries" and he finally left!  Wow.
5)  We went walking around Notting Hill.  Such a cute little area!  We even spotted the lead actor from Avatar!
6)  Ashley and I met up with Stacey and her friend Marisa and the majority of Cerner UK.  It felt like we were back in KC having the same conversations.  Oh, "what do you do at Cerner?"

Such a fun trip!!!  All pics are posted on my Mobile Me Gallery.

Since then...I made a trip to KC to hang out with some of my KKG sisters.  It was such a great weekend to just hang out with each other and the weather was incredible!
I'm off to Wichita this weekend to FINALLY meet my newest niece Paisley Shae.  She'll be two months old on Wednesday.  I can't believe how fast time flies and I don't even see her on a daily basis!  I get the see the rest of the family as well so you can be sure that more pictures will be posted next week!

As for the title.  Yes, it's April 18th today and there was SNOW standing on street and covering the vehicles.  I am so ready to say good by to winter!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment