Milestones & Meltdowns

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Is winter over yet?!?!?

I know for a fact that Punxsatawney Phil did not see his shadow, so doesn't that mean winter is over?  Or does that just mean there isn't an additional 6 weeks of winter?  

We had 40-50 degree days this week and I felt like summer!  Well, not summer, but I did get to wear my pink puffy vest to work and that = warm(er) weather.  But then today arrives and I wake up, lift my night shades from my eyes and what do I see?  SNOW!!!  I was certain I told mother nature that we had received enough for the first half of 2011 and there would be no need for it until next December.  Apparently she has no interest in listening to me.  Although, I am on call this week so I have been a prisoner to the pager, which also means, I stayed inside and watch her make a mess from the comfort of my own home.  I guess I can't complain too much.

However, I would like to make a request here and now.  I will be in the UK at this time in two weeks.(!!!!)  I would really appreciate it if their current weather of mid to high 40's and lots of sun sticks around.  It would really be best for all parties involved.  I would prefer to only pack my pretty pink puffy rather than my big wool coat.  I love my purple Hunter wellies, but I don't think I want to pack multiple pairs of boots either...

So, Mother Nature, what do you say?  Enough of the cold weather and snow?  Time for sunshine and daisies?  People are so much happier when they get their Vitamin D from you!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment