Milestones & Meltdowns

Sunday, January 30, 2011

L is for Luxury

I took my first photography class today and I am still shocked at how much I learned!  A few of the highlights:

1)  The instructor said you should never use your flash, unless of course the event is more important than the actual photo.

2)  You should only use an ISO of 200-400 on average.

3)  Exposure composition makes all the difference.


4)  Indoor lighting can ruin a picture.


5)  You should take every picture in L (Recording Pixels) and Fine (Compression).  L = Luxury

6)  Aperture is the total exposure to light and how big the 'hole' is when taking a photo.  The smaller the aperture, the more in focus the picture will be.

7)  You should use a center-weighted average for light metering.

8)  Six mega pixels suffice, unless you want to blow up a picture to 40x60, then go for 10.

9)  The brand doesn't matter because all cameras are the same, it's all about how you use it.  (Although, I still prefer Canon.)

10)  Natural light and tri-pods are your friend.

Overall, this class was definitely worth it!  And, now I want an SLR camera but I can't decide if I purchase a used/refurbished one for $100 cheaper than a brand new one?!?!?  And do I do it now before San Francisco (in five days)?  Or wait and buy it for London?  Or just wait in general?  Decisions decisions...


PS- I ran 2.6 yesterday and made it to church for the second weekend in a row!  Happy almost February!


No comments:

Post a Comment